1. User Sends request: User sends a request to the server for some resource.
2. FilterDispatcher determines the appropriate action: The FilterDispatcher looks at the request and then determines the appropriate Action.
3. Interceptors are applied: Interceptors configured for applying the common functionalities such as workflow, validation, file upload etc. are automatically applied to the request.
4. Execution of Action: Then the action method is executed to perform the database related operations like storing or retrieving data from the database.
5. Output rendering: Then the Result renders the output.
6. Return of Request: Then the request returns through the interceptors in the reverse order. The returning request allows us to perform the clean-up or additional processing.
7. Display the result to user: Finally the control is returned to the servlet container, which sends the output to the user browser.