JavaBeat Newsletter-2: New and noteworthy in Java Ecosystem
Interesting blog posts from JavaBeat:
News and updates:
- The JFXtras project has been enhanced to support JavaFX 2.0 and they have released an application named JFXTras Ensemble. Do check out the project to start using components which are not provided out of the box by JavaFX.
- Griffon 1.0 is out. Griffon is a framework for building Desktop applications which run on JVM using Groovy language. Think it of as Grails for desktop.
- Gradle 1.0 is released. Gradle is build automation tool which can automate the building, testing, publishing, deployment and more of software packages. Think of it as Ant and Maven on steroids.
- Scala 2.10.0 Milestone 4 is now available.
- Free Tomcat application hosting now supported by OpenShift, read here to know how.
- New OpenShift release and the features have been documented here.
- JVM Language Summit July 30–August 1, 2012 at Oracle Corporation: Santa Clara campus.
- Dustin writes about the availability of JavaOne 2012 content catalog.
- Google IO 2012- June 27-29, 2012 Moscone Center, San Francisco.