What you will learn from this book?
- Explore Dijits (Dojo Widgets) with examples so that you can write your own Dijits
- Serialize, automatically validate, and convert entered content with forms and layouts
- Organize different kinds of data in the same Dijit using dojo.data for a better look and feel to your website
- Animate your content using dojo.fx to give your pages a dynamic look and feel
- Use closures and Dojo's Class-based OO system underlying all widgets and features
- Use powerful formatting for Dates and Currencies between locales
- Understand Dojo's event system, for classical browser events, function 'advice', and Dojo's publish/subscribe message bus
- Learn to create dynamic Tree widgets using data sources, custom styling, and even drag and drop
- Create custom widgets and reusable components that use all of Dojo's advanced layout managers and widgets
- Learn to write custom PHP services to feed data to Dojo's client-side data- driven components
The book is an example-based tutorial. Once the basics are done, it takes the reader through creating a number of examples, each focussed on a different interface task or visual effect.
Who this book is written for?