Fast track your SOA adoption - Build a service-oriented composite application in just hours!
- Offers an accelerated learning path for the much anticipated Oracle SOA Suite 11g release
- Beginning with a discussion of the evolution of SOA, this book sets the stage for your SOA learning experience
- Includes a comprehensive overview of the Oracle SOA Suite 11g Product Architecture
- Explains how Oracle uses standards like Services Component Architecture (SCA) and Services Data Object (SDO) to simplify application development
- Describes how Oracle has unified services and events into one platform
- Created to be an iterative tutorial, introducing one feature at a time
- Includes exercises for associated technologies such as Governance, B2B transactions, and Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
- Built around a real-life scenario to illustrate all the key features
- Full of illustrations, diagrams, and tips for developing SOA applications faster, with clear step-by-step instructions and practical examples
- Written by Oracle SOA Suite Product Management team members
In Detail Accelerate your learning path to Oracle SOA Suite 11g with this easy-to-use and comprehensive hands-on tutorial. This tutorial is built upon proven training content that has been acclaimed by hundreds of developers at SOA Suite 11g rollout training courses.
Getting Started With Oracle SOA Suite 11g walks you through the development of a services-oriented composite application based on a real-life scenario. The solution is built in an iterative fashion, with each chapter introducing new features one by one. This fully illustrated step-by-step tutorial is based on proven training content that has been praised by hundreds of developers in product training courses forming the SOA Suite 11g rollout.
SOA has evolved from being a buzzword into a mature technology, and is now used in mission-critical systems all around the world. With Oracle SOA Suite 11g, Oracle provides a complete, integrated, standards-based and best-of-breed solution to build and manage large, highly demanding SOA projects.
The book starts by introducing key SOA concepts, and emerging standards such as Service Component Architecture (SCA), that are key to understanding Oracle SOA Suite 11g. The remainder of the book, written in the form of a tutorial, will quickly guide new and experienced developers through the complete breadth of features and components offered by Oracle SOA Suite 11g. This tutorial is modular, and you will learn how to build a services-oriented composite application project iteratively with each chapter introducing new technology components and adding a functional increment. Ready-to-deploy solutions are provided for each and every step, so developers can jump into the tutorial at any point in the book, beginning with the solution for the previous chapter. Chapter instructions are written at three levels of complexity: detailed step by step instructions for the newbie, high level functional and design notes for those who want the challenge of building without the details, and a quick-build list of objects for experienced users who just want to build the application.
What you will learn from this book?
- Build a services-oriented composite application
- Learn iteratively with each chapter introducing new technology components and adding a functional increment
- Grasp the fundamentals of Oracle SOA Suite 11g platform infrastructure, including: Web-Service Binding, Mediator, and Database Adapter
- Dive in deeper with BPEL, Rules, Human Workflow, and JMS Adapter
- Enhance your composite application with Policy-based Fault Handling, Business Events, Sensors, and Security policies
- Augment your project with Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) and B2B integration
- Use the service bus for service virtualization
- Get to grips with the built-in testing framework
- Explore life-cycle management features
This fully illustrated step-by-step tutorial is based on proven training material that has been highly praised by hundreds of developers in product training courses given as part of the SOA Suite 11g rollout. You will learn how to build a services-oriented composite application project iteratively with each chapter introducing new technology components and adding a functional increment. Each chapter comes with a working solution for your reference. You can use the solution to start the tutorial at any point or to jump around to the chapters that most interest you.
Who this book is written for?
This clear and detailed tutorial is perfect for both new and experienced SOA developers looking for a pragmatic and hands-on approach to learning Oracle SOA Suite 11g.