1) Which of the following statements are true about Enterprise Java Beans architecture?
1. EJB architecture defines distributed component based architecture for business applications
2. EJB is a standard that is built on top of Web Services architecture
3. EJB Architecture is language independent, meaning that it is possible to write components using any programming language.
4. EJB specification defines support for integrating with Web Services
2) Which of the following statements are true?
1. Enterprise Beans developed for a particular EJB Container may not be compliant with other EJB Containers.
2. The life-cycle of Enterprise Beans are not managed by the EJB Container, instead they are managed by the clients.
3. EJB provides middle-ware support like transaction management, connection pooling, state management to Applications
1) a and d.
Answers a and d are correct. The Specification says that EJB is a component oriented middleware for building distributed business applications. Choice b is incorrect as Web Services are not the basement architecture for EJB. Answer c is also incorrect as Java is the only language (as of now) for writing Application components. Answer d is correct as EJB provides a standard support for integrating with Web Service components.
2) a and c
Answers a and c are correct. Choice b is incorrect as the entire life-cycle of an Enterprise Beans will be managed only by the EJB Container.