BlazeDS is the server-based Java remoting and web messaging technology. BlazeDS enables Adobe Flex and Adobe AIR applications developers to easily connect to back-end distributed data and push data in real-time. BlazeDS makes use of AMF3 protocol which is similar to SOAP, but AMF3 protocol is a binary protocol and so is much faster than SOAP. BlazeDS, enables Flex applications make remote procedure calls to the Java server. BlazeDS Simplifies integration with existing Java code.
In this article we will see how to develop Flex RIA and integrate with Java server side using BlazeDS – Remote Object Service.
Software used in BlazeDS – Remote Object Service
- Adobe Flex Builder 3.0.2 Professional Eclipse Plug-in(http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=flex3email)
- BlazeDS 3.x (http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/blazeds/Downloads)
- JDK version 5.0/6.0
List of topics covered in this article:
- BlazeDS Overview
- Features of BlazeDS
- Creating a Flex project ith BlaxeDS in Eclipse
- Lanching server view in Flex Development Perspective
- Creating RPC Service
- Configuring Remote Object Service
- Creating the Client application MXML file
- Running the Flex Web application
- Download Flex Application Source Code
BlazeDS consists of two parts a Clint side application and a Server side application.
BlazeDS client side application is typically an Adobe Flex applicaton or an Adobe Air Application. Client side application use Flex components to communicate with the BlazeDS server, including the
- Producer, and
- Consumer components.
In this article we will see only about RemoteObject component. Other components are not in the scope of this article.
BlazeDS Server side application is a server-side J2EE web application that runs on a J2EE application server. Below figure shows the client server intraction architecture of BlazeDS.
Features of BlazeDS
The following bullet points lists the features of BlazeDS.
- RPC Services
- Messaging Service
- Proxy Service
- Service Adapters
In this RPC and Messaging services form the core features of BlazeDS.
RPC Service includes HTTP GET or POST(HTTPService), SOAP(Web Service), or Java Object(Remote Object Service).
For services like HTTP and Web Service you can use only Flex SDK and work. But for Remote Object Service you need to use BlazeDS.
Latest posts by Krishna Srinivasan (see all)
- 5 New Features in HTML5 - November 29, 2013
- How To Set Tomcat JVM Heap Size in Eclipse? - November 28, 2013
- How To Resolve “Resource Is Out Of Sync With The Filesystem” Error in Eclipse? - November 28, 2013