The week input type is used to select the week and year by the user. The week type concept consist week-year number and week number representing a seven days of the week. It only specifies the week number and the particular year.The week type is used in <input> tag.
Syntax of week Input Type
<input type= "week">
The week input type is supported by google chrome, safari and opera.
HTML5 week Input Type Example
<!DOCTYPE html> <head> <title>Week Input</title> </head> <body> <form> Project Submission week:<input type="week"> </form> </body> </html>
- In the above example we have shown how week input type is been used in the program.
- Here we are setting a week consisting week-year number and week number using a week type in input tag.
- <input type=”week”> is the tag used for week type.
HTML5 Week Demo
- Save the file as week_example.html in your system.
- Just open the file in the browser, you will see the below picture in the browser.
Note that the browser must support HTML5 specification.