We at JavaBeat have thought of coming up with a fortnightly post, a JavaBeat Newsletter covering the latest news in the Java ecosystem be it in the Java language, Other JVM based languages, Cloud support, Tools and other frameworks and also few noteworthy posts added on JavaBeat.
Here we have the first edition of JavaBeat Newsletter:
Interesting blog posts from JavaBeat
- Deploying a ZK based Java EE application to Red Hat Open Shift Cloud.
- What’s new in Spring 3.0?
- A quick overview on the few of the interesting features in Java 8 as part of Project Lambda.
News and updates
- Release candidate of Groovy 2.0 is available.
- Google comes clean in the Oracle-Google API copyright case.
- New developer preview builds of JavaFX 2.2 and Scene Builder 1.0 available here.
- JRuby 1.7.0.preview1 Released, more details here.
- Read about the M3 Status update of Ceylon, another language on the JVM.
- M1 of Kotlin is out, its yet another JVM based language being developed by Jetbrains, the creators of InelliJ Idea.
Web and Desktop Frameworks
- Version 1.2 of Gaelyk is out. For our readers Gaelyk is A Groovy based web toolkit for deploying Groovy based application to Google App Engine.
- ZK Framework’s 6.0.1 released, more details here.
- 12 May 2012 – Struts 2.3.4 General Availability Release, read the release notes.
- Spring Mobile 1.0 released.
Tools and IDE
- Netbeans 7.2 Beta is now available for download packed with improved performance and coding experience.
- Scala IDE 2.1 Special Edition for 2.10.0-M3 available now!
- Contributing to OpenShift cloud- a Paas offering from RedHat.
- Java Spotlight episode 84: Anil Gaur on JavaEE 7.
- Java Spotlight Episode 83: Scott Kovatch on Java for MacOSX.
- JavaPosse Episode 385.
Hope this edition of the newsletter was resourceful. Looking forward to hear from our readers regarding this new initiative.