The JSTL SQL tags help us interact with the relational databases such as Oracle, MySql and more.
Syntax for JSTL SQL Tag
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/sql" prefix="sql"%>
The JSTL SQL Tags
- <sql:setDataSource >: It is used for creating data source that is to be accessed by executing a query.
- <sql:query >: It is used to execute a query specified in a jsp page.
- <sql:update>: It is used to update SQL statements defined in its body or by the sql attribute.
- <sql:param >: It sets parameter to the sql statement to the given value.
- <sql:dateParam >: It is used to add parameter to sql statement to the given java.util.Date value.
- <sql: transaction >: It provides connection to all data base operations and executes all statements in one transaction.