Running Seam examples with JBoss Application Server
Most of the Seam example applications will work out of the box with JBoss Application Server 4.2.X. See the readme.txt files in each example applications for more information or follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Download JBoss AS 4.2.X and start JBoss with the bin/run.(sh/bat) script.
- Edit build.properties in your Seam directory and configure the jboss.home property to be your JBoss AS installation directory.
- In the jboss-seam/examples/booking directory, type ant deploy.
- Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/seam-booking/ and register an account and book some hotels.
- In the jboss-seam/examples/dvdstore directory, type ant deploy.
- Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/seam-dvd/ and register an account and buy some movies.
- In the jboss-seam/examples/issues directory, type ant deploy.
- Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/seam-issues/ and register an account and enter some bugs.
Now pick one of these apps and change the pages and/or source code in your the jboss-seam/examples/<app-dir> directory and redeploy the application by calling ant deploy - see how your modifications affect the application.